1. History of Photography, and Important Photographers and their works
2. Introduction to Fundamentals of Photography: Basic Camera Controls; Focusing; Depth of field; Subject and camera movement; Lenses, their characteristics and types; Exposure; Brightness Range; Exposure Range; Aperture; Shutter speed; Reciprocity law; Metering: Types of light meters.
3. Conventional Film Photography – an overview; Types of conventional cameras and film.
4. Digital Imaging
(a) Introduction to computers (b) Digital image and its characteristics; Pixels, Resolution, Bit depth, Dynamic range, Noise; Digital image sizes, Color modes and File formats
5. Digital Cameras; Digital image sensors; Types and features of digital cameras; Digital camera operations: (a) Shooting Modes (b) Focusing Settings (c) Exposure Settings (d) Histogram (e) White Balance Settings (f) Flash settings (g) Playback, Deletion and Protection controls (f) Other settings (g) Camera Accessories.
6. Scanners and Printers – Types and features.
7. Lighting: Direction, quality and color of light; Types of lighting: (a) Daylight (b) On-camera Flashlight (c) Studio Lights
8. Composition Visual sense, Aesthetics, Guidelines
9. Digital Image Processing and Editing (a) Overview, features and tools of image processing software (b) Tonal and color corrections and enhancements (c) Photo editing techniques (d) Collages and composites (e) Filters and other effects
10. Photo management and presentations, including portfolios.
11. Areas and scope of photography.
Module 2 to Module 4 includes practicals and assignments running concurrently.
Module 1: History of still photography, cinematography and videography (5 hr)
Module 2: Light: Light and vision, Nature of light and propogation, Wave length, frequency and colour, colour temperature, Light sensitivity ( 12 hr).
Module 3: Optics: Different types of lense element, Focus, Focul length, etc.
Different types of lenses for camera (compound lenses) (6 hrs)
Module 4: Camera: Different types of camera (Film, tube, CCD, etc)
Camera controls and exposure procedure ( Aperture (iris), shutter speed, depth of field and depth of focus, light identification, etc. (15 hr)
ALL ABOUT VIDEO CAMERAS
Module 5: Framing: frame composing, Basic shots, camera position and angle, camera movements, etc. (10 hr)
Module 6: Lighting: Basic classification of light source (Natural light and Artificial lights), Basic methods of lighting and light controlling
Filtters and their use, filtter factor, etc. (12 hrs)
Module 7: Other topics: Tips to Engineering side, Basics of editing related with framing.
Basics of news photography, etc. (12 hrs) Personality developing, etc.
1. Understanding camera (Basic operations, handling, etc. ( 20 hrs)
2. Framing (frame composing, Light controlling, depth of field and creating depth of field effect, etc. (30 hrs)
3. Shots and camera movements, etc. (30 hrs)
4. Basic lighting (15 hrs)
5. Basics of news coverage (30 hr)
1. Group project
2. Final project (diploma filim)